DetailsFebruary 9-10, 2018
Friday - 6-9pm
Saturday - 8:30am-5pm
City Bible Church
9200 NE Fremont Street
Portland, OR 97220
Registration: $150/per person
Abuse tears the soul, and as Christ followers, we are given the unique responsibility to minister God’s healing touch through the ways we relate to others. This training furthers our understanding of abuse and trauma so that we are able to attune to the critical needs of those we love and care for. This training includes movie clips, interactive exercises, expressive art, and small group discussion.
- Theology of Suffering, Brokenness, and Compassion
- Understanding Abuse as a Perversion of the Image of God
- Five Types of Abuse and Four Primary Effects of Abuse
- Creating Relational Safety
- Defenses of the Heart
- A special presentation from a physician on what mentors need to understand while working with those who suffer from addictions and PTSD who need psychotropic medication during the stabilization phase.
- Dr. Steve Tracy, M.Div, Th.M., Ph.D.
- Celestia Tracy, M.A.
- Rebekah Stines, MSPC, LPC Intern
- Rebecca Bloomfield
(registration includes coffee, drinks, snacks and lunch)
This training is being coordinated through the Portland Mentor Support Collaborative. For additional information or questions, please click here to email Darlene.