Welcome, MTS Participants!
Thank you for your courage in going on this journey with Mending the Soul.
You are embarking on a journey of healing and community building. This journey will be both painful and hopeful. You will not be alone in this process — you will have the support of your facilitators and the developing relationships with fellow group members.
Although each MTS group has unique experiences, there are principles that should be consistent in each group. We want you to know these things so you can be prepared, and so MTS can learn from your experiences to keep improving the quality of our training and resources.
You can expect the following guidelines to keep your group as safe as possible:
- Intakes should be completed face-to-face prior to the group starting.
- The group meets face-to-face (video conferencing or in-person), honoring the predefined, two-hour session and 12-24 week duration.
- Facilitators should share their stories of abuse and healing first.
- Participants share their stories in the following weeks.
- Time is spent every week looking at the workbook; the facilitators cover 2-3 key exercises from each chapter (not announced ahead of time).
- There is generally time each week to share additional exercises that impacted you, to ask questions or express concerns related to the materials.
- Sharing time is balanced so each participant has an opportunity to share in a flexible and sensitive environment.
- Feelings are allowed, but advice or spiritual answers attempting to “fix” are not.
- Facilitator sharing is appropriate and does not dominate the group discussions.
- The group stays as focused as possible on MTS materials.
Please come back here each week, and watch a short clip from Mending the Soul below before starting the next chapter of the workbook. It is so important to us that we stay connected with you, our MTS Participants.
Once you have finished your small group we would love your feedback, as your voice is very important to us in our efforts to continually improve our resources and training. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note: All Mending the Soul Facilitators have successfully completed the four-week Online Basic Training course. Nevertheless, Mending the Soul does not certify, supervise, or endorse facilitators. If you have questions or concerns regarding an MTS Facilitator, please feel free to leave us an anonymous message by calling 866-535-5044 extension 0.
Thank you for your time and participation,
Steve and Celestia Tracy
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Ecclesiastes 4:9–10 (NIV)