Because of the domestic and international demand for Mending the Soul resources and models we are now offering a three-day Certification Training to anyone interested in becoming certified to instruct and train others to facilitate MTS small groups. A distinctive of the MTS model is that people heal best in safe communities where they’re known and loved. For this reason, we are committed to training leaders around the world who have a passion to respond to the suffering in their communities.
Once a participant has completed the MTS Trainer Certification training, they will be equipped to train on behalf of Mending the Soul for churches and organizations that request MTS facilitator training.
Certified trainers will be qualified to train using the MTS Basic Training Videos plus other resources included in this training. MTS Certified trainers are listed on the Mending the Soul website where churches/organizations may contact them to schedule a MTS Basic DVD Training. Certified trainers are permitted to receive compensation (honorarium) for their time. A recommended honorarium schedule is included in the trainer’s manual for reference and online as a guide for churches and organizations. This is a much more affordable way for groups of leaders to be trained in cohorts with each other.
In this three-day training you will learn:
- How to be an effective and healthy trainer — you will be helped to: address spiritual warfare, set healthy boundaries, understand compassion fatigue, recognize the symptoms of secondary traumatization, build a personal soul-care plan, recognize when you’re triggered and know how to respond in a healthy way so that you and the group maintain safety and stay grounded.
- How to use the DVD’s, trainer manual and participant handbook — you will be given these resources and taught how to use them effectively.
- How to schedule and prepare for a MTS Basic Training— you will be given direction for networking with churches and organizations interested in training their leaders in the MTS small group model. All documents you will need are provided in your trainer’s manual.
- How to effectively use small group exercises — this session will equip you with specific small group exercises that are most effective to facilitate learning and retention in a group setting. You will be given lots of time to practice with each other in a safe and playful setting.
- How to respond to the more difficult questions— Q & A is an integral part of any MTS Basic Training. This session will cover how to respond to common questions, what to do when you don’t know the answer, and provide interaction and practice time with the MTS instructors.
- How to start groups in a new city/state— most of the churches/organizations that will request training from a certified trainer will not have established MTS groups in their area. This section will provide information to equip the certified trainer to address this during their training(s).
- Successfully completed MTS adult support group as a participant
- Attended MTS Basic Training (Live or DVD)
- Reviewed MTS Basic Training Videos
- Read the Mending the Soul Facilitators Guide
- Previously facilitated 2 or more MTS adult small support groups
- Provide letter of recommendation from pastor/ministry leader or MTS staff/leadership
Registration fee – $550 per person
This live training is offered in Phoenix, AZ. Space is limited.
If you are interested in being trained as a certified trainer for MTS please contact us by email.
Next Trainer Certification training TBD. Please check back for date and location.
For a current list of Certified Trainers, please click this link.