Nora Poling flies to Uganda today where she will join Jumah and Emmanuel in conducting 3 weeks of trauma ministry. Listed below is her and the team’s schedule and prayer requests.
- Jumah Patrick – Mending The Soul African Director
- Nora Poling – Mending the Soul Ambassador
- Emanuel Awori – Assistant to the Mending the Soul African Director
MLISADA (Music, Life Skills, And Destitution Alleviation) – Mending the Soul Ministry Partner in Kampala, Uganda
- August 9-11 Nora flies to Kigali, Rwanda – then on to Kampala, Uganda
- August 12 Teaching program dealing with Vulnerable Child topics for Community Children
- August 13 Teaching program at the National Rehabilitation Center (Juvenile Detention Center for 300 youth ages 13-17)
- August 14,15 Teaching programs dealing with Vulnerable Child topics for Community Children and M-LISADA Passion group
- August 16-18 Rest
Field visit to to Western Uganda Refugee camps
- August 19-23 Traveling by car to camps in Western Uganda for follow-up from May, 2019 By His Wounds Intensive
- August 24-25 Rest
By His Wounds trauma intensive at Rahab’s Corner
- August 26-30 By His Wounds trauma intensive with church members and girls who have not been through the training – and also for people from other churches that are wanting to join in
- August 31 – September 3 Rest
- September 3 – Nora travels back to the US – arriving in Phoenix on September 4 in the late afternoon.
- Please pray for our team, that God will give us physical and emotional stamina, good health, and great sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit. Pray that what we will experience will drive us to a deeper reliance on Christ. Pray that God will give us great wisdom in responding to overwhelming needs with very limited resources. Pray for our team’s psychological/emotional health.
- Please pray for the children and youth that we will be ministering to. May their hearts be open – may they experience healing and feelings of being loved and valued and cared about
- Pray that God will lead each who will be teaching and sharing.
- Pray for protection from Satan’s attacks and disruptions. We have learned that doing trauma work in African settings like this is going deep into Satan’s home turf. He will attempt to attack our team and the attenders in a myriad of ways physically and emotionally. Pray with us against Satan’s attacks.
- Even though rest is included in the schedule of the trip – it will be a very full and intense schedule.
We are in great need of your faithful prayers. Only God can heal people and communities who have and continue to suffer so greatly. On every trip we see God move in miraculous ways and are trusting Him to do that again! We will send trip updates as often as possible so you can hear what God is doing and how to keep praying. Thanks so much for your support. We feel your prayers while we are serving on the field!
“The Lord has promised good to me”